POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Jewel CD-ROM Case - MegaDetail! (AA-RAD) : Jewel CD-ROM Case - MegaDetail! (AA-RAD) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Jewel CD-ROM Case - MegaDetail! (AA-RAD)
From: Rick (Kitty5)
Date: 5 May 1999 08:53:26
Message: <37303136.0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
Here' s my latest image, its created from 99% CSG with 2 small Heightfields,
in Moray.
It is modeled from carefull measurments of the real thing and took nearly as
long to model all the seperate componant parts (Lid, Lower Case, CD-Tray and
spindle thingy) as it did to render.

It took over 4 Days to render in total on a AMD K6 233 due to the complex
clear plastic / glass edges on the lid.

Its intended to be part of a larger and more complex scene i am working on,
but i think i may have to reduce to level of detail on the lid, otherwise i
am not going to see my PC again for weeks!

Rick

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cd-rom-case.jpg' (104 KB)